The Best Worst Web Designs!

The Best Worst Web Designs!

Now there are some sites that are truly awful. This is a celebration of those sites, sites that you just can’t believe ever got made. I don’t know if all of these are serious websites but I really hope they are!

Peter Sage

BW Graphics

BW Graphics

Fabricland

Fabricland

Web App CMS

Web App CMS

If you like this post you may also want to look at:

Weekly Web Design Inspiration #44

Weekly Web Design Inspiration #43

Why not follow me on twitter: @atikusdesign
or to ensure you are updated with every D-Lists posts follow: @d_lists

28 Responses to this post

1. Rich_Roast said on March 17, 2010

The true horror of Bella De Soto’s website (url below – see warning) is that it actually materialises slowly before your eyes as it loads, which can take some time: WARNING – may very well crash browser or entire desktop environment (came close for me on an oldish laptop running FF3.5/Fluxbox):

I’d never heard of it before being seeing it on Digg, and suspect it’s a parody. It’s certainly very big and some fun to explore, there’s a lot there that’s entertaining. My favourite’s the red text with red background somewhere near the middle. In a horrible, eye scratching sort of way.

2. Alan said on March 17, 2010

hahaha, a great selection there.

I actually had a site i wanted to show you, that was completely ruined by a client, but alast its been removed from the internet, lol.

Glad i don’t work for BT anymore, lol.

3. Adam Fairhead said on March 17, 2010

Great roundup, but you missed THE best worst one I’ve ever come across!

Hold onto your markup boys and girls! http://dokimos.org/ajff/

4. atikusdesign said on March 17, 2010

I missed a great one there! Thanks for suggesting it Adam.

If I get some time I think I’ll update this post to include it.

5. Steffen Jørgensen said on March 17, 2010

Does Peter Sages website feature a “Non Flash Version”-link in a Flash button?
    Brilliant!

6. The Best Worst Web Designs! | TopRoundups said on March 17, 2010

[...] The Best Worst Web Designs! Submitted by Nirhana [...]

7. Dave Harding said on March 17, 2010

Ouch, they hurt my eyes just to look at ! You could buy a template for under a tenner and just use that! Good post!

8. FlashMoto said on March 17, 2010

Thanks for the great roundup! Very inspiring!

9. Shane Horsfall said on March 17, 2010

Moneysavingexpert is a controversial one, massive returning user base so you’d have to think they’re doing something right – maybe users return purely for content reasons.

I’m with you, I have a profile and I try to follow when any of my clients get a post / link but it just screws with my head, I don’t really know where to look, what to look at or how to get to anything else that might interest me!

10. nick said on March 17, 2010

I saw the ling cars one a while ago – cant remember why!? I thought it was quite cool in an ironic way + its not as unusable as it looks initially. remember – cool isnt necessarily clear – it just took me 10 seconds to figure out how to submit this form. doh

11. Aya Hu said on March 17, 2010

That Ling website made me laugh so hard, these are PRICELESS.

12. Liam Chapman said on March 18, 2010

dude, this is the worst website ever: http://havenworks.com/ – you have seen nothing like it!

13. Helge Johnsen said on March 18, 2010

You forgot the Norwegian online store Arngren: http://www.arngren.net/

14. Eli said on March 18, 2010

I think some are made in MS Word lol

15. Sherif said on March 19, 2010

looooool.
    2050 Web design trend.

16. [?]?????????????? | Kechol said on March 19, 2010

[...]     17:21 ??????????????? http://ow.ly/1oa8q [...]

17. Win 15,000 design templates! | D-Lists said on March 20, 2010

[...] The Best Worst Web Designs! [...]

18. Most Popular #Design Links of the Week #9 « Web Design Mash | Design, Web and Inspiration Resources said on March 21, 2010

[...] The Best Worst Web Designs – D-Lists [...]

19. O melhor do pior | Evandro Villaça | Web Design | Faço: Sites - Blogs - Logos - Identidade Visual said on March 22, 2010

[...] aberta a votação Compartilhe esta [...]

20. Rudy Quevedo » Blog Archive » Daily Links said on April 7, 2010

[...] The Best Worst Web Designs! [...]

21. Design Trends - The Ribbon | D-Lists said on August 24, 2010

[...] DesignDeploy CMSFamilie MellohRapping PaperIf you like this post you may also want to look at:The Best Worst Web Designs!A Showcase Of ‘Handmade’ Websites #3Why not follow me on twitter: @atikusdesignor to ensure you [...]

22. Cole Smith said on August 25, 2010

That bridal website is incredible! It’s so kitsch that it’s kind of beautiful in it own right. Not in a functional way, but definitely in an expressive way!

23. agus said on September 4, 2010

I love lingscars. blink! blink! hillarius!

24. The Most 'Horrifying' Websites Showcase | D-Lists said on October 28, 2010

[...] Business RegisterMSYSuperior Web SolutionsIf you like this post you may also want to look at:The Best Worst Web Designs!Why not follow me on twitter: @atikusdesignor to ensure you are updated with every D-Lists posts [...]

25. WTF said on November 13, 2010

you forgot the worst one..

26. Evandro Villaça » O melhor do pior said on March 6, 2011

[...] Está aberta a votação [...]

27. guilherme said on March 9, 2011

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah trash trash trash

28. web design said on June 20, 2011

lolx.. what a funny designs..